يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ
O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that haply you may be reverent. (2:183)
- The first day of Ramadan will be March 23rd, 2023 (Thursday) Insh’Allah.
- Ajyal follows global moonsighting in determining beginning and end of Ramadan.
- Ajyal follow Islamic Society of North America’s calculation method for prayer times taken from www.islamicfinder.org with 1 minute added to the magrib time.
- In addition to 5 daily prayers the following will be added to daily activities:
- There will be a daily Iftars at the center which will consist of a light snacks before the Magrib Iqama.
- There will be an Iftar + Dinner on Fridays and Saturdays at the center which will consist of a light snacks before the Magrib Iqama and dinner after the prayers.
- There will be daily Taraweeh (تراويح) at the center.
- There will be a Qiyam-ul-layl organized in the last 10 nights of Ramadan – Updates to follow.
- There will be a number of special Online Program throughout Ramadan. Full details will be published here and on our Social Media.
How can you help?
- Please volunteer your time at the Masjid. Speak to the Imam or one of the board members at the masjid about this
- Sponsor an iftar by donating to our Iftar fund.
- Please donate generously to support the center:
- For credit card payments please click here
- Donate via Interac email – email@example.com
- If you would like to setup monthly automatic donations, please email us with your phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to get those setup
- Ajyal will be issuing tax-receipts for all donations via Interac or Credit Card
- For Cash donations please speak to a board member and give your details at the time of the donation so a receipt can be generated in future.
- Zakat-ul-Fitr will be $12 per person
- The last day of collection is 28th of Ramadan. This is to ensure timely distribution of the funds.
- Zakat-ul-Fitr can only be paid in Cash or via Interac (no credit/debit cards)
- If you are paying by Interac (email@example.com) please write Zakat-ul-Fitr in the memo so we can keep the Zakat separate from other donations.