Ramadan begins Friday, 24th April 2020
22rd April 2020
29th Shaban 1441
There have been NO reports of a confirmed moonsighting in North American or elsewhere tonight.
Bukhari reported on the authority of Ibn Omar (R) that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “The month consists of 29 nights, so do not fast till you have sighted it (i.e. the new moon), and if the weather were cloudy, then complete it as thirty days.”
In light of above, we will complete 30 days of Shaban tomorrow. The first day of Ramadan will be Friday, 24th April 2020.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 assembly restrictions the center is currently closed and likely to remain closed for the duration of Ramadan.
– There will be NO daily Iftars at the center.
– There will be NO daily Taraweeh (تراويح) at the center.
– There will be NO daily prayers at the center.
– There will be NOT be any Qiyam-ul-layl in the last 10 nights of Ramadan – This may change if COVID19 restrictions are relaxed later in May 2020.
– Zakat-ul-Fitr will be $10 per person or $11 per person if paying via Credit Card (pay at: www.ajyal.ca/donate)
We are all aware of the unusual nature of this Ramadan due to COVID19. Even in these difficult times, it is important to remember that Allah has blessed us with this beautiful month of Ramadan, and we must make the best of it. Please engage in worships at home and bond with your family to earn good deeds and blessings. There will be a number of online activities for the benefit of the community, please follow us on social media for their schedule.
For all updates:
Please donate as the center is in need of your financial help to cover the cost of rent.
Ajyal Islamic Center